Tuesday, July 20, 2010

VACATION? DECK BUILDER!

So this is vacation? Anyway, building this deck is something that had to be done. My wife was tired of having the dogs traipse through a mud puddle to get to the pen. So this was the first order of business after my vacation started. I knew that later on in the week I was heading to Chicago for the Ed Posh Charity Golf Tournament so I had three days to get the whole deck done. Right off the bat it started raining. So now the dogs aren't playing in mud, I am.
Getting this done was a must for selling this house but once again we're making this house so livable we want to move and take it with us. We've made so many improvements that we're thinking of raising the price. How about that for going against conventional wisdom.
Spoke with my friend David about our art projects and we have decided that being starving art mavens is in our future. It's easier than you can imagine! In any case I am pulling some things together to get the art thing goin' agin'. It's usually good for my sanity in any case.
I'll post again when the deck is finished. Ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like both the sons in this family are handy with a hammer & nail.

    Vacation: a time of rest and recreation,

    you must consider deck building as
    recreation

    I'll consider your vacation beginning at the golf tournament, have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers