Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm in Hawaii with my new camera and thought it would be a good time for a test run. As I usually do when in a different time zone than my home I try to stay on my home body clock. So, woke up at 3:00 in the morning thinking what to do now. I like to wander around as the sun is coming so I set off at about 4:30 in the morning to do a little exploring. I saw a sign for diamond head crater. Hmm. The thing that I like about being up at this hour, even in a big city, is no people. So, I figured this would be a good time to find the Diamond Head Crater trail. After about a half hour walk I made it to the entrance of Diamond Head Park. There were about three or four other people there for the 6 a.m. opening. Great. At five before six a couple of mini busses showed up along with a couple of vans. Now it started to rain. Well, pooh. The gate opened and I decided to press on in the rain. I thought if any crowds were going to develop they would be put off by the rain. At the beginning of the trail I made a quick pit stop. When I emerged five minutes later there was a line of hundreds of Japanese tourists snaking their way ahead of me up the trail. Waaaah! So much for a quiet morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers