Friday, August 6, 2010

Vacation (continued)






I know, I know. It’s been too long since any info on the blog. I’m sure all of my fans have been waiting with bated breath to find out ‘wass up scott, yo’. Well the deck is built and I’ve been chillin’ on vacation with the golf tourney in Glen Ellyn, the visit to my son for rib scarfin’, bike ridin’, disc golf playin’, leinenkugel beer drinkin’, whale fish sandwich eatin’, r and r time. First the ribs! Wow! I think there were 3 pounds for each of us! So, along with ribs we had homemade mac and cheese (steves’ cheese from Wisconsin) and homemade sourdough bread. I survived the bike ride, about 30 miles in the country with young legged son. So far it seems that I can still keep up. Then it was off to disc golf. Now as some of you may know, we are a family of disc golfers from way back so it was good to get out on the course. Number one son thrashed me but the weather is giving me a good excuse for the loss. It was right in the middle of our east coast heat wave. The temp was 100 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Ouch. DIL (daughter in law) came home from her conference and we went out for giant fish sandwiches appropriately called ‘whale fish sandwich’ at the Red Horse Tavern.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures!! The food looks awesome, that's a sandwich, I experienced my first "Philly Steak" last night for dinner (only I ordered chicken) and if I were EVER to eat catfood - I'm certain that sandwich was exactly what it would taste like!!! So, send some ribs and mac & cheese this direction.
    Welcome back, your number #1 Fan has missed the blog updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long am I supposed to look at that sandwich?????

    Check out http://SparePartsandPics.blogspot.com

    for the latest family addition to blogland.

    Hope all is well in your world, always interest here to see what you're doing and what pictures you're taking...:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers