Friday, March 9, 2012

Horseshoe Trail


     Here we are, living in Hershey, PA. and right in our backyard is the Horseshoe Trail. This trail runs about 140 miles from Valley Forge then northwest through Pennsylvania until it connects with the Appalachian Trail. We are about 50 miles from the Northwest terminus of the trail. I've ridden my mountain bike on many sections of the trail but I have yet to make it up to the Appalachian trail. The trail is really rugged in sections and I have found that a mountain bike is all but impossible unless your willing to carry it up and down steep hills. In the pictures are some common trail markers that are maintained by the Horseshoe Trail Conservancy. The wooden posts have yellow blazes that keep you going in the right direction. In the bottom right foreground of other picture you can see a rock with a yellow blaze painted on it. 
     I took these pics with the new D7000 and a 100mm manual focus lens. I love the feel of the manual lens but not sure about the sharpness.

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you have this trail right out your door, and at 140 miles, could keep you busy for a long time! Oh ya, nice camera. It it new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally gave trying to convince myself that I am happy with a smaller format camera, so back to Nikon I go, my first (camera) love!

    ReplyDelete

Followers